Go beyond the resorts and beyond the beach to discover the REAL Dominican Republic. On this half-day Dominican Outback Experience, you can explore the countryside and help support the local community. Our charismatic guides will keep you entertained as they tell you all about our history, culture, plants, fruits, and animals as we venture deep into the heart of the beautiful Oriental Mountain Range.
You’ll pass by a local school, visit a typical home, and walk through a rural coffee & chocolate plantation to learn how these amazing natural products are grown and harvested.
You will also have a chance to visit our picturesque tropical ranch. Here, you can enjoy breathtaking views and the fresh mountain air. You will meet local artisans and see how they make fine hand-rolled Dominican cigars. At the Rancho Iguana, you can observe and learn about the native rhinoceros iguanas.
So much to see, and so much to do with non-alcoholic beverages included in our open bar to quench your thirst as you savor the natural delights of our beautiful country.
When you go on this excursion, you can help us support the local communities that are part of the tour. You can do so by purchasing local products that the local people produce, grow and package. Local products such as coffee, chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil, cigars, paintings, and local arts and crafts are readily available. Of course, all purchases are optional.
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
– Transportation with pickup from hotels & resorts in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, and Bavaro*
– Tour guide
– Beverages and a light snack
*Transportation may not be available from certain hotels/resorts and/or an additional fee may apply. If you’re staying in a private villa, transportation is not included. Please request a private transfer with your villa coordinator or villa manager.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION:
– Available Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
– Half day, i.e. approximately 4-5 hours including transportation. The excursion is approximately 3-4 hours.
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
– Wear comfortable clothes & shoes, sunglasses, a hat/cap, a bathing suit, mosquito repellent, and sunscreen.
– Bring water shoes, a towel, a camera, and cash money (US$) for souvenirs, and gratuities.
– This excursion may not be suitable for small children/infants although there is no minimum age for children to participate in this excursion.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
– Adults: US$ 75 per person
– Children (3-12 years): US$ 50 per person
BOOK THIS EXCURSION:
Fill out the contact form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important notice: Excursions cannot be booked for the same or following day! Please allow us min. 48 hours to book and process your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full prior to the excursion date. Once we receive your information, we will contact you by email to confirm your reservation and request your payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed before you receive our email reply and confirmation.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This is not a private excursion. This excursion may be available as a private tour – please ask for more information.
- You may need to pass by other hotels to pick up other people before the excursion begins and to drop them off after the excursion ends.
- This excursion works with the organization Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows tourists to make a huge impact on local communities. If you want to lend your support and bring a few supplies with you from home (e.g. school & art supplies, medical & hygienic supplies, etc.), please have these ready and give them to the tour guide. Please ask us for more information.
- Many people like to take gifts along for the locals and children they see during the trip. It is recommended that you bring e.g. clothes, shoes, toys, pencils, pens, paper, or other school supplies and give these to the tour guide who will make sure they are properly distributed. Under no circumstances are participants allowed to throw objects from the vehicle. Giving money and candy is strongly discouraged.
- Participants must understand that off-road driving can be uncomfortable.
- This excursion is not available for pregnant women or people who suffer from back pain/ mobility problems. If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what’s included and prices are subject to change without prior notice!