You’ll love this fun-filled, fast-paced adventure. Drive you own ATV/Boogie (buggy) or Terracross through the Dominican countryside and interact with the people living in the local area.
We’ll pick you up at your resort in an open-air safari truck and transport you to the excursion point: Our Adventure Ranch, approx. 30 min. drive. Here, your experienced guides will welcome you and give you a brief instruction of the tour and how to drive the vehicle you have booked. No previous experience is necessary, but you must be 18 years old to be in the driver's seat (ID may be required).
During this excursion, you’ll visit our Adventure Kingdom, a beautiful property where you can swim in the rich and refreshing waters of a natural cenote that has been around for ages since the Taino Indians first inhabited the island of Hispaniola. You will also learn about the different plantation crops including coffee, cocoa, coconut oil, rum, etc.
You will also get the unique opportunity to walk through the Taino Village, a magical place where you can travel back in time to enter into what was the beginning of the Dominican Republic's roots. At the Taino Village you can discover the crafts, fishing and religion located in a space of 10 "Bohios" (thatched roof home) in front of a Ceremonial Center and the "Caney" (the home of the "Cacique", the village Chief).
At the magnificent Macao Beach, the last virgin beach in the Punta Cana area, you’ll have the chance to jump in the ocean for a swim before driving off along the beach.
WHAT'S INCLUDED: Pickup in hotels in Punta Cana, Cap Cana and Bavaro (transportation may not be available or may be subject to an additional fee from some hotels), tour guide and bottle of water.
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING: Wear comfortable clothes and closed shoes (may get dirty/wet/muddy), sun glasses, a hat/cap, a scarf to cover nose/mouth from dust, bathing suit and eco-friendly sun lotion (without oxybenzone) that does not damage the corals and ocean life. Bring a beach towel, a bottle of water for drinking along the way, camera and cash money (US$) for photos, souvenirs and gratuities.
CHILDREN: This excursion is not suitable for small children and/or infants. The minimum age for children to participate in this excursion is 2 years old, sitting on the parent's lap (only in family vehicles). Otherwise, children must be 6 years old to ride with an adult driving the vehicle. Children must be 18 years old to drive. All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
PRICES: All prices are per vehicle (US$).
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
• This is not a private excursion. This excursion may be available as a private tour – please ask for more information.
• You may need to pass by other hotels to pick up other people before the excursion begins and to drop off after the excursion ends.
• Participants must understand that off-road driving can be uncomfortable and that the ATV/Buggy/Terracross may occasionally break down during the run on the rugged back roads. Mechanics will accompany each group and at all times in case of any malfunction.
• You may encounter local vendors and children along the way, looking to sell you souvenirs, etc. Please note that purchasing "souvenirs" from these vendors is optional and at your own expense.
• This excursion is not available for pregnant women or people who suffer from back pain/ mobility problems. If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what's included and prices are subject to change without prior notice.