Rancho Macao ATVs
You’ll love this fun-filled, fast-paced adventure. Drive you own ATV/Quad/Four-Wheeler through the Dominican countryside and interact with the people living in the local area.
We’ll pick you up at your resort in an open-air safari truck and transport you to the excursion point - Rancho Macao. Here, your experienced guides will welcome you and give you a brief instruction of the tour and how to drive the ATV. No previous experience is necessary.
During this excursion, you’ll drive through small villages, on the beach and experience the beautiful nature of the Dominican Republic.
At the magnificent Macao Beach, the last virgin beach in the Punta Cana area, you’ll have the opportunity to jump in the ocean for a swim before driving off along the beach.
Continue on dirt roads toward a typical Dominican house, where we’ll show you some of the Dominican Republic's most common crops, e.g. tobacco, coffee and cacao. And, of course, have a taste.
After a few refreshments, your next stop is at an underground cave where you can cool off and go for a dip in the crystal-clear water of this fresh lagoon. After this final swim, you will head back to the Rancho Macao for the end of the adventurous tour.
This tour is also available with ATVs and Terracross.
- Pickup in hotels in Punta Cana, Cap Cana and Bavaro. Transportation may not be available or may be subject to an additional fee from some hotels
- Tour guide
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
- Comfortable clothes and closed shoes (may get dirty/wet/muddy)
- Sun glasses
- A hat/cap
- A scarf to cover nose/mouth from dust
- Bathing suit
- Beach towel
- Sun lotion
- Bottled water
- Cash money (USD) for photos, souvenirs and gratuities
- This excursion is not suitable for small children and/or infants
- The minimum age for children to participate in this excursion is 6 years old
- Children must be 16-18 years old to drive
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old)
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This is not a private excursion. You may need to pass by other hotels to pick up other people before the excursion begins and to drop off after the excursion ends
- This excursion may be available as a private tour – please ask for more information
- Participants must understand that off-road driving can be uncomfortable and that the ATV/Terracros may occasionally break down during the run on the rugged back roads. Mechanics follow the group at all times in case of any malfunction
- Be advised that you may encounter local vendors and children at the Cave and on the beach, looking to sell you souvenirs, etc. These vendors can sometimes be pushy but you can tell them no if you are not interested
- This excursion is not available for pregnant women or people who suffer from back pain/ mobility problems
- If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation
- The exact description of this excursion and what is included are subject to change without prior notice