If you’re going on vacation to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, you’re probably already doing some research and trying to figure out what to do on the destination.
Punta Cana is known for its all-inclusive resorts and pristine beaches, but what else is there to do? We've come up with a list of 10 things that we think you should do in Punta Cana - in random order. These are things you’d want to do if you’re looking to go outside your resort and explore both the local culture and pamper yourself with a luxurious experience:
1. Spend the day at Macao Beach – a beautiful beach where the locals go and where you can enjoy a typical lunch on the beach.
2. Go out for a real Dominican lunch with the locals, e.g. at El Burén on Avenida Espana (close to Centro Medico Punta Cana) or at Solo Pollo at Plaza Brisas. Try traditional, Dominican dishes like “chivo con ron” (goat meat in a rum sauce), “res o pollo guisada” (stewed beef or chicken), “bistéc” (fried beef or veal with onions), “sancocho” (soup with meats, potatoes, etc.) served with “arroz con habituelas” (rice and beans) or “moro” (rice cooked with beans).
3. Hang out and party at the Car Wash or a Drinks Point any Friday or Saturday night and see how the local Dominicans celebrate the weekend.
4. Visit the Ecological Reserve at Punta Cana Resort & Club and swim in pristine freshwater lagoons.
5. Pick up artisan gifts, local cigars, local rum, coffee, chocolate, etc. for your friends & family at Mundo Autentico and see how they hand roll their cigars
6. Pamper yourself with a mani-pedi or get a massage at a local day-spa or salon (you won't pay nearly as much as they charge at the resorts)!
7. Visit “The Blue Hole” (El Hoyo Azul) in Cap Cana and snap an underwater selfie.
8. Enjoy a vegan meal at AmaLuna Vegan Restaurant located in the heart of Bavaro.
9. End the day with drinks at Soles Chill Out Bar on Bavaro Beach and chill out to the cool vibes and music.
Photo credit: Blue Hole - Hoyo Azul @ Scape Park Cap Cana
Share this page with your family and friends.