Come along on the Bavaro Runners Dominican Safari Adventure! On this exciting excursion from Punta Cana, you will explore the typical Dominican culture & lifestyle. In addition, experience spectacular views from the beautiful mountains and enjoy photo opportunities at every turn!
Throughout the day, you will ride in the Bavaro Runners safari truck, together with your tour guide. Your tour guide is an expert in the history and culture of the region and he/she will share information about the Dominican Republic.
During the excursion, you will become familiar with several towns and areas and experience the daily lifestyle and friendliness of the local people.
You will visit a typical house in the countryside and see how Dominicans live and use the land in their daily lives. Here, you can learn all about the different tropical fruits and see how cocoa beans, coffee beans, pineapple, vanilla, cinnamon, etc. grow in the gardens.
We will also show you how they hand-roll Dominican cigars and if you want to give it a try, be our guest!
Finally, you will visit the sugar cane fields and see how the sugar cane is pressed. You can also sample freshly squeezed sugar cane juice directly from its source.
Last, but not least, you will have the opportunity to purchase a few souvenirs before the tour ends.
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
– Transportation with pickup from hotels & resorts in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, and Bavaro*
– Tour guide.
– Water throughout the day.
*Transportation may not be available from certain hotels/resorts and/or an additional fee may apply. If you’re staying in a private villa, transportation is not included. Please request a private transfer with your villa coordinator or villa manager.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION:
– Available Monday to Sunday.
– Duration is 4-5 hours incl. transportation. The excursion itself is 3-4 hours.
The duration of the excursion may vary depending on weather and traffic.
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
– Wear comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunglasses, sun lotion, and a hat.
– Bring a camera and cash money (US$) for souvenirs and gratuities (tips).
– There is no minimum age for children to participate. However, this excursion may not be suitable for small children or infants.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
– Children must be 18 years old to purchase and consume alcohol in the Dominican Republic.
– Adult: US$ 65 per person
– Child (3-12 years old): US$ 35 per person
– Child (0-3 years old): FREE
BOOK THIS EXCURSION:
Fill out the contact form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important notice: Excursions cannot be booked for the same or following day! Please allow us min. 48 hours to book and process your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full prior to the excursion date. Once we receive your information, we will contact you by email to confirm your reservation and request your payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed before you receive our email reply and confirmation.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This is not a private excursion. This excursion may be available as a private tour – please ask for more information.
- You may need to pass by other hotels to pick up other people before the excursion begins and to drop them off after the excursion ends.
- Many people like to take gifts along for the locals and children they see during the trip. You may bring e.g. clothes, shoes, toys, pencils, pens, paper or other school supplies. The tour guide will distribute the gifts. You may not throw gifts or objects from the vehicle. Giving money and candy is strongly discouraged.
- Participants must understand that off-road driving may be uncomfortable.
- This excursion is not available for pregnant women or people who suffer from back pain, or mobility problems. If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what’s included and prices may change without notice.