Get your PADI Scuba Diving Certification while vacationing in Punta Cana! The reefs in front of Playa Blanca offer some of the best diving along the east coast of the Dominican Republic. These sites are suitable for experienced and novice divers. Sites range in depth from 40 feet to 70 feet and have a wide variety of marine life with a good opportunity to see plenty of animals, corals, shipwrecks that create artificial reefs, natural reefs, coral nurseries, etc.
Choose between the following courses:
Discover Scuba Diving: While not an actual Scuba Diving Certification, this course will teach you how to use scuba equipment in shallow water. And you will get a fun introduction to what it feels like diving in the sea. This course includes a 30-minute classroom discussion, pool session, and diving in the ocean. You will be able to dive at a maximum depth of 10m/33ft.
Scuba Diving Certification course includes 3 pool sessions, 3 theory sections, and 2 open water dives with a maximum depth of 12m/40ft. If you can sign up for PADI E-learning, you can do the theory prior to arrival and finish the course in 1 full day instead of 2. Once completed, you will receive a permanent license to dive worldwide under the supervision of a PADI professional at a maximum depth of 12m/40ft.
The Open Water Diver certification is the most popular course worldwide. This 3-day course includes theory, pool sessions, open-water dives, and rental equipment. Once completed, you will be certified to dive up to 18m (60ft) in depth. A 10 min float test and a 200-meter swim (or 300 meters snorkeling) are required prior to certification.
Referrals: If you have already started training elsewhere, you can finish off your checkout dives and complete your certification in Punta Cana.
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
– Diving according to the selected program.
– Certified instructor.
– Tank, weights, and all required scuba gear.
Transportation to/from the excursion is not included!
AVAILABILITY & DURATION:
– Available daily.
– Discover Scuba Diving: Approx. 4 hours.
– Scuba Diver Certification: 1-2 days.
– Open Water Certification: 3 days.
– Scuba Diving Referral: Flexible.
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
– Wear comfortable clothes & beach sandals, sunglasses, a hat/cap, a bathing suit, and eco-friendly/reef-friendly sunscreen.
– Bring a towel, camera, and cash money (US$) for souvenirs, and gratuities.
– The minimum age for children to go diving is 10 years old.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
– Discover Scuba Diving: US$ 150 per person.
– Scuba Diver Certification: US$ 350 per person.
– Open Water Certification: US$ 597 per person.
– Scuba Diving Referral: US$ 395 per person.
BOOK THIS EXCURSION:
Fill out the contact form below or email us at email@example.com
Important notice: Excursions cannot be booked for the same or following day! Please allow us min. 48 hours to book and process your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full prior to the excursion date. Once we receive your information, we will contact you by email to confirm your reservation and request your payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed before you receive our email reply and confirmation.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This is not a private excursion but is available for private groups of 6 people. All dives are guided by a PADI professional in groups of no more than 6 divers.
- Transportation from your hotel is not included but can be arranged at an additional cost.
- You can go diving on the same day as you arrive in Punta Cana, and you need to have 24 hours after your last dive before your departure.
- If you are a certified diver, you need to bring and present your certification card.
- This excursion is not available for pregnant women and children under the age of 10 years old.
- If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what’s included and prices are subject to change without prior notice!