You’ll love this fun-filled, fast-paced Punta Cana ATV & Buggy tour. Drive your own ATV or buggy through the Dominican Republic countryside and interact with the people living in the local area.
We’ll pick you up at your resort in an open-air safari truck and transport you to the excursion point: Our Adventure Ranch, approx. 30 min. drive. Here, your experienced guides will welcome you and go over the tour and how to drive the vehicle you have booked. No previous experience is necessary, but you must be 18 years old to be in the driver’s seat (ID may be required).
During the tour, you’ll visit our Adventure Kingdom. This is a beautiful property where you can swim in the rich and refreshing waters of a natural cenote*. These cenotes have been around for ages since the Taino Indians first inhabited the island of Hispaniola. You will also learn about the different plantation crops including coffee, cocoa, coconut oil, etc.
*Cenotes are essentially large sinkholes or caves, usually found in the sedimentary limestone rock, that have filled with cool, clear groundwater and rainwater over time.
You will also get the unique opportunity to walk through the Taino Village. Here, you can travel back in time and learn about the beginning of the Dominican Republic’s roots. At the Taino Village, you can discover the crafts, fishing, and religion located in a space of 10 “Bohios” (thatched roof home) in front of a Ceremonial Center and the “Caney” (the home of the “Cacique”, the village Chief).
At the magnificent Macao Beach, the last virgin beach in the Punta Cana area, you’ll have the chance to jump in the ocean for a swim before driving off along the beach.
Family Buggies for 3 – 4 persons are available. Please ask for more information and prices, if you would like to book a family Buggy or family Terracross!
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
– Transportation with pickup from hotels & resorts in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, and Bavaro*
– Tour guide
– A bottle of water
*Transportation may not be available from certain hotels/resorts and/or an additional fee may apply. If you’re staying in a private villa, transportation is not included. Please request a private transfer with your villa coordinator or villa manager.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION:
– Available daily
– Half-day, i.e. approximately 4 hours including transportation. The excursion is approximately 3 hours
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
– Wear comfortable clothes & closed shoes, sunglasses, a hat/cap, a bathing suit, a scarf to cover your mouth and nose, and eco-friendly/reef-friendly sunscreen.
– Bring a towel, camera, and cash money (US$) for souvenirs, and gratuities.
– This excursion is not suitable for small children and/or infants.
– The minimum age for children to participate in this excursion is 2 years old, only in family buggies and sitting on the parent’s lap. Otherwise, children must be 6 years old to ride with an adult driving the vehicle.
– Children must be 18 years old to drive.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
– ATV or Buggy: US$ 80 per buggy (1-2 pers.).
– Terracross Buggy: US$ 110 per buggy (1-2 pers.).
– Family Buggy: US$ 130 per buggy (1-4 pers.).
– Supplement from hotels/villas located at Puntacana Resort & Club and Cap Cana Resort: US$ 60 per reservation.
BOOK THIS EXCURSION:
Fill out the contact form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important notice: Excursions cannot be booked for the same or following day! Please allow us min. 48 hours to book and process your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full prior to the excursion date. Once we receive your information, we will contact you by email to confirm your reservation and request your payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed before you receive our email reply and confirmation.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This is not a private excursion. This excursion may be available as a private tour – please ask for more information.
- Your excursion voucher will specify the name of the excursions company as “Rancho Macao”.
- You may need to pass by other hotels to pick up other people before/after the excursion.
- Participants must understand that off-road driving can be uncomfortable. The vehicle may occasionally break down during the run on the rugged back roads. Mechanics will accompany each group at all times in case of any malfunction.
- You may encounter local vendors and children along the way, looking to sell you souvenirs, etc. Please note that purchasing “souvenirs” from these vendors is optional and at your own expense.
- If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what’s included and prices are subject to change without prior notice!