At Punta Cana Kitesurfing School you will learn everything you need to go kitesurfing in just 1-3 days!
The school is located on the beach at Cabeza de Toro in Punta Cana, which is an ideal place with good wind and ocean conditions. The gear they use is the best in the industry – Duotone & Crazyfly!
Our instructors are certified by the International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) and they will teach you all the kitesurfing skills and techniques! The instructors have more than 23 years of experience between them – so you’ll be in great hands!
When you graduate, you will receive an official IKO Certification vCard, which will be registered on the IKO website (www.ikointl.com). With your IKO certification, you can also rent equipment from other locations and go surfing on your own. Should you decide to take your kite surfing to another level, you can also build on your skill level in the future.
Choose from 3 different levels:
The Beginner Kite Surf Program is a 1-day (3-hour) course where you’ll learn to judge the safe wind directions and conditions for kiting. You’ll learn how to set up a trainer kite, basic flying skills, and how to launch and land the trainer kite. Your instructor will also teach you how to use international communication signals and much, much more!
The Intermediate Kite Surf Program is a 2-day (6-hour) course that builds on level 1. You’ll learn how to enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite. How to water relaunch the kite, and maintain the correct kite position in the wind window. You’ll also learn how to change direction to the left and right while body dragging, how to recover the kite and bar in the water, and much, much more!
The Advanced Kite Surf Program is a 3-day (9-hour) course that builds on levels 2 and 3. You’ll learn how to control the riding speed by edging, consistent riding in all directions, and how to ride amongst other riders and water users and respect right-of-way rules. You’ll also learn how to change direction without stopping, self-rescue and full pack-down in the water, and much, much more!
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
– Transportation with pickup from hotels & resorts in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, and Bavaro*
– IKO certified kiteboarding instructor.
– All necessary gear and equipment.
*Transportation may not be available from certain hotels/resorts and/or an additional fee may apply. If you’re staying in a private villa, transportation is not included. Please request a private transfer with your villa coordinator or villa manager.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION:
– Available daily.
– This is a 3-day course, i.e. 9 hours in total.
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
– Wear board shorts or shorts & T-shirt, beach sandals, a bathing suit, sunglasses, a cap, and eco-friendly/reef-friendly sun lotion.
– Bring a beach towel, camera, and cash money (US$) for gratuities.
– This excursion may not be suitable for small children.
– There is no minimum age for children to participate in this excursion, however, 65 lbs (30 kilograms) is the minimum weight at which a child can start kite surfing safely.
– It is imperative that children who want to kite surf can swim proficiently and are not afraid of the ocean!
– All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
– 1-day course (3 hours): US$ 275 per person
– 2-day course (6 hours): US$ 525 per person
– 3-day course (9 hours): US$ 750 per person
All prices are per person (US$)
BOOK THIS EXCURSION:
Fill out the contact form below or email us at email@example.com
Important notice: Excursions cannot be booked for the same or following day! Please allow us min. 48 hours to book and process your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full prior to the excursion date. Once we receive your information, we will contact you by email to confirm your reservation and request your payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed before you receive our email reply and confirmation.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- The lessons at Punta Cana Kitesurfing School are available daily.
- The driver may have to stop at other hotels along the way to and from the excursion point.
- Participants must understand that kitesurfing is not without risks due to wind conditions and ocean currents. All participants must be able to swim.
- This excursion is not available for pregnant women or children weighing less than 65 lbs (30 kg / 7-8 years old).
- If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what’s included and prices are subject to change without prior notice!