Join us for a Santo Domingo City Tour. A great place to begin your exploration of the Dominican Republic is in the capital of Santo Domingo. This city was the first European city in the Western hemisphere – The New World. Today, you can see and explore many important sights around the city.
Santo Domingo is a fabulous mix of 16th-century dwellings, imposing late medieval palaces, and fortresses. Many generally consider the city to be the cradle of European civilization in the “New World”. Furthermore, UNESCO includes Santo Domingo’s Colonial City on the World Heritage list.
During this Santo Domingo City Tour, you will visit many important sights including the Fine Arts Palace, the National Theatre, and the Presidential Palace.
In the Colonial City, you can explore the magnificent Cathedral, Calle la Damas street, and the Alcazar de Colon museum.
The palace of Alcazar de Colon was built for the court of the first viceroy of the Indies – Christoper Columbus’ son, Diego. Located on the shores of the Ozama River, the palace building served as the center of the Spanish court.
Enjoy the expansive Plaza Espana where the sidewalk cafes come to life as a place where locals and tourists meet.
Visit the Palace of Columbus, Casas Reales museum, one of the oldest sundials in North America (from 1753), and among the first known “official” time-telling devices.
Next, we will stop for lunch and enjoy a typical Dominican lunch. Afterward, you will have time for shopping at the main shopping street before returning to the hotels.
The tour also includes a quick photo stop at the Cathedral of Higuey and a stop at a gift shop.
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
– Transportation with pickup from hotels & resorts in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, and Bavaro*
– Tour guide on the bus.
– An audio guide for the city tour
– Lunch including water, soft drink & coffee.
– Entrance to monuments.
* Transportation may not be available from certain hotels/resorts and/or an additional fee may apply. If you’re staying in a private villa, please request a private transfer with your villa coordinator or villa manager.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION:
– Available Tuesday – Saturday.
– Full day, i.e. 10-12 hours.
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
– Wear comfortable clothes, a light sweater/jacket, walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat/cap, and sun lotion. Please note that you may not enter the (Catholic) Cathedral wearing a sleeveless top or a low-cut shirt/dress or very short shorts/skirts/dresses. Bottoms should be knee length, and tops should cover shoulders, chest, and back.
– Bring a camera, and cash money (US$) for souvenirs, and gratuities.
– This excursion may not be suitable for small children/infants. There is no minimum age for children to participate in this excursion.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
– Adult: US$ 95 per person
– Children (3-12 years old): US$ 60 per person
– Private tour in a suburban (1-4 persons): US$ 1279
BOOK THIS EXCURSION:
Fill out the contact form below or email us at email@example.com
Important notice: Excursions cannot be booked for the same or following day! Please allow us min. 48 hours to book and process your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full prior to the excursion date. Once we receive your information, we will contact you by email to confirm your reservation and request your payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed before you receive our email reply and confirmation.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This is not a private excursion. This excursion may be available as a private tour – please ask for more information.
- You may need to pass by other hotels to pick up other people before the excursion begins and to drop them off after the excursion ends.
- Please note that you may not enter the (Catholic) Cathedral wearing a sleeveless top or a low-cut shirt/dress or very short shorts/skirts/dresses. Bottoms should be knee length, and tops should cover shoulders, chest, and back.
- This excursion may not be available for pregnant women or people who suffer from back pain/ mobility problems.
- If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what’s included and prices are subject to change without prior notice!