Enjoy a relaxing all-day excursion to Saona Island Dominican Republic, also known as Bounty Island. We begin at your hotel in the morning where you will be picked up in a comfortable, air-conditioned bus by a certified tour guide.
After enjoying the panoramic ride through the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic to the small fishing village of Bayahibe. Here, we will board the speedboats and travel south along the national park until we reach Saona Island.
Before arriving at Saona Island we stop for a quick swim in the natural swimming pool. This is a very shallow and calm place in the ocean where there are lots of starfish. After our refreshing swim, we jump back on the boat and head for Saona where hours of fun and relaxation await! Once here, you can learn how to dance the Merengue, get a relaxing massage ($), go for a swim in the Caribbean ocean, play a game of beach volleyball, or just relax under the palm trees with a cool beverage and a good book. Saona has a little something for everyone.
After about 1 hour – 1 hour 30 min on the island, a delicious Dominican buffet lunch is served including rice, BBQ chicken/fish/pork chops, salad, pasta, fruit, etc. What better way to enjoy a good home-cooked meal than with your feet in the sand and the beautiful ocean right next to you.
Around 2:30 p.m. we get ready to leave Saona Island. The trip back to Bayahibe will be a beautiful cruise along the coastline on a catamaran. On the way back to the hotel we will make a quick stop for some shopping at a souvenir shop where you will find great bargains on everything like jewelry, cigars, coffee, and Dominican arts and crafts.
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
– Transportation with pickup from hotels & resorts in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, and Bavaro*
– Tour guide.
– Beverages and lunch buffet.
*Transportation may not be available from certain hotels/resorts and/or an additional fee may apply. If you’re staying in a private villa, transportation is not included. Please request a private transfer with your villa coordinator or villa manager.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION:
– Available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
– Full day, i.e. approximately 8-10 hours including transportation. The excursion is approximately 5-6 hours.
WHAT TO WEAR AND/OR BRING:
Wear comfortable clothes, beach sandals, sunglasses, a hat/cap, a bathing suit, and eco-friendly sun lotion (without oxybenzone) that does not damage the corals and ocean life. Bring a beach towel, camera, and cash money (US$) for photos, souvenirs, and gratuities.
– There is no minimum age for children to participate in this excursion.
– This excursion may not be suitable for small children and/or infants.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years old).
– Adults: US$ 120 per person
– Child (2-12): US$ 90 per person
BOOK THIS EXCURSION:
Fill out the contact form below or email us at email@example.com
Important notice: Excursions cannot be booked for the same or following day! Please allow us min. 48 hours to book and process your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full prior to the excursion date. Once we receive your information, we will contact you by email to confirm your reservation and request your payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed before you receive our email reply and confirmation.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This is not a private excursion. This excursion may be available as a private tour – please ask for more information.
- You may need to pass by other hotels to pick up other people before the excursion begins and to drop them off after the excursion ends.
- Participants must understand that sailing may be uncomfortable. Please take a Dramamine or similar in the morning if you get seasick easily.
- This excursion may not be suitable for pregnant women or small children.
- If you suffer from any medical conditions or mobility problems, please consult with Group Palmera before making your reservation.
The exact description of this excursion, what’s included and prices are subject to change without prior notice!